Yea, there’s that topic again, sex.
First here’s a link to the CDC to review STD rates of infection and the like.
I’ve found it’s wise to keep a few things in the front of my mind when preparing to have sex with someone you don’t know.
First and foremost, I weigh how long I have known the person and if it’s wise for me to go ahead and do what I’m about to do. If it’s someone I don’t know too well I always err on the side of caution and remember to NEVER EVER EXCHANGE BODILY FLUIDS!!!
That includes kissing…anything-herpes anyone?
If it can’t be avoided during sex and I don’t know the person well, sex can be avoided until I do know the person better AND I have recent test results in hand.
I’d rather make a date of going to get tested together and exchanging results while waiting and building anticipation vs. diving into temptation and spend a life of misery dealing with a possibly permanent STD.
Now, once all that has been done and we’re about to do the do, there’s still a few things left to do.
- Always brush my teeth and/or gargle and swish with mouthwash
- Always clean beneath fingernails and wash hands thoroughly
- Clean all toys, lubricant bottles, etc with hot water and warm soap before and after using
- Make sure all linens, lingerie/underclothes and accessories are fresh and clean (a no-brainer I know, but you’d be surprised, smh)
- Make sure there are enough condoms, finger condoms, lube, dental dams AND whatever we need to protect ourselves (if we’re using protection) is IN ARMS REACH of where we’ll be making out. Don’t want to get caught in a hot moment without protection. -_-
- Make sure there are paper towels and hand sanitizer in the room for cleaning our hands/genitals between different acts, toys, places, lol.
- Baby wipes in the room for when we’re done if or anyone wants to avoid the possible sticking of paper towels
- Lastly, a garbage bag for all the wrappers, tissues or whatever.
Sounds a bit anal-retentive I know, but I’d rather be safe than sorry any day.
For me preparation is key so we can enjoy ourselves without worry or interruption.
Do you go this far to protect yourself and your lover(s) or do you just ‘go with the flow’?
-Jay Dee, Founder