“Whether we call it prayer, meditation, or “me” time, we all need that moment in the day to clear the clutter of our thoughts, even if only for a brief moment.”
For me, there are days when 10 minutes of quiet and stillness can energize me more than sleep, food, or exercise.
I take a quick break, clear my mind, and take deep breaths. And when I return to my task, I am always amazed at how much more focused I become.
Here’s my simple, 10 minute routine to clear my thoughts and reset my mind:
- I find a private, quiet corner of a room and sit comfortably.
- I close my eyes and take deep breaths on a count of five.
- Breathe in…2..3..4..5. Breathe out…2..3..4..5.
- I then take each part of my body, from head to toe, and focus on relaxing that part of my body.
- Then one last cleansing breath, and I slowly open my eyes, focused and ready to tackle the world again.
What do you do when you need to take a quick mental health break?
Post your comments and suggestions; I love to try new things!
-Stephanie Elise, Contributing Author